Your colostomy, ileostomy or urostomy shouldn’t prevent you from traveling. But when it comes to traveling with an ostomy, it’s nice to to feel secure and comfortable while also keeping the surprises to a minimum. During times when you travel, you may have to leave your regular routine behind, which means you might need to make some extra preparations to enjoy your journey and your stay!
Great supplies to keep while traveling with an ostomy:
* Hand or face towel – to clean up
* Hand sanitizer
* Wafers -precut so you don’t have to bring scissors if flying
* Bags – carry some on board in case your luggage is lost
* Stoma powder
* Stoma Paste
* Safety scissors if needed
* All pills and medication needed for the trip
* Thin pair of sweatpants and t-shirt-in case of a leak
* Snacks like crackers to help retain water and keep hydrated
The best advice is to be prepared, and handle things as they come at you. Remember, you are capable of handling any issue that comes your way! Hope you’re healthy and happy! Safe travels!