5 Benefits of Using a Shower Wheelchair
For the elderly and people with disabilities, taking a shower alone can be an unnerving and quite difficult task. It can also create a sense of humiliation when you ask others to take a bath. For people acquiring assistance, simple tasks can become incredibly complex, such as slipping on the bathroom floor and having injuries that require immediate hospital care. So to save you from injuries, we have listed down several reasons why to use the shower wheelchair while taking a bath.
- Increases your safety: for people who are elderly or have disabilities, performing a simple task such as taking a bath can be quite demanding and terrifying at the same time, and there are more chances of you ending up injuring yourself. However, by using a shower chair you will have a less chance of falling or getting hurt because it provides you a secure area in a slippery shower.
- Takes care of hygiene: while travelling or staying at a hotel, proper hygiene can become a quite a concern for people who acquire wheelchairs because there is no knowing about the proper cleanliness of hotel bathrooms. However,a shower chair can become quite a companion in these cases for avoiding using public bathrooms which can cause spread of diseases or infections.
- A chance of feeling empowered and independent: it can become a sense of embarrassment and shame for people who acquire assistance for tasks such as taking a shower. However, with the shower chair come a variety of options to personally accommodate you and your needs. Shower chairs are available in wide or regular size seats, and there are different types available such as Commode Seat Shower Chairs, Bath Chairs, Reclining Shower Chairs and many more.
- Improves quality of life: People with disabilities can deal with feelings of depression or isolation, since there is a sense of dependence and reliance on other people for simple tasks which you could have done by yourself. However, owning a bath chair can help you feel more independent because you can assist yourself easily in bathtubs, and even improve the quality of your life.
- It’s portable: It’s truly a great piece of personal equipment to own that you can rely on. You know if it’s clean, how to use it, and what materials it’s made out of. Use it at home and pack it up with you when you travel. You will never know how you could have done without one.
We at ATC Medical pride ourselves on carrying a wheelchair that’s been proven to work in the shower time and time again. Want to get one for yourself? Just click here!!!